Wednesday 30 September 2009

Diane, I wish you'd stop talking dirty to me

I met a trashy lady today, her name was Diane. She wanted to use me, fast and hard and she wanted to "See what I can do."

"Diane," replied Popedog in a half-excited tone, "what have you in store for me today?"

"I want to see what you can DO, soldier boy, now show me that sugar."

Well when it was all said an done, that tramp used me for 4:10, quick and hard just like she promised (heart rate was SCREAMING at the max for most of this and nearly puked):

21 DL @ 70 KG (155 lbs)
21 modified HSPU
15 DL @ 70 KG
15 modified HSPU
9 DL @ 70 KG
9 modified HSPU

I also did a workup heavy deadlift to 5 rep max:
135x5 (61.3KG), 225x5 (102.2KG), 265x5 (120.5KG), 285x5 (129.5KG) (Owches!!)

I feel like the weight was right on for the deadlifts, as the last set of 9 I was starting to struggle on the last few reps. I can't do the full on HSPU yet, but modified offer a small challenge. I haven't figured out how to make the transition, but with a body-weight of 101 KG, I'm not ready to make that leap.

Going to review the deadlift form, I suspect I have been going with too wide of a leg stance, and butt not low enough. Other than that, I feel like it's rocking for sure :)

(Edit: I reviewed the form and found that I'm doing deadlifts a bit wrong, too wide of a grip, which changes start position and some other things. my form wasn't as bad as I thought though. also, my push press form sucks. I'm going to fix that moving forward.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow dude! 4:10 is an awesome time. I'm wondering, how did you do the modified HSPU's? You can do with bent knees towards the wall, which is a little bit easier but still really tough. Or you can do against a rack with a barbell at the knee-level if you stand on your hands and use it as a leverage with your lower legs... know what I mean?

    Anyways, great work, great time dude. Glad to see you back on the track of training :)

    Regarding form: Fortunately, deadlift's aren't that bad unless you run with bad form for a long while. As long as your back is good, the rest is less important. It mostly makes the lift heavier (more difficult) rather than break your body.

    The general rule for deadlifts are: narrow stance (shoulder-width, feet straight), narrow grip (just outside knee's), breast up (as high as you can), tense back and hold your breath during the lift (inhale before you get to the absolute lifting-point). You can also invert one hand to improve grip-strength.

    Anyways, good job bro!

    ReplyDelete