Tuesday 29 September 2009

"Diane"

WO:

Work up heavy deadlift (5 reps / weight as you go). End up with a 5RM set.

"Diane":
21 - 15 - 9 reps of:
Deadlift 105 kg
HSPU's

I had to scale it a "little" bit :P This was my results:
21 DL @ 80 kg
6 HSPU
15 DL @ 80 kg
4 HSPU
9 DL @ 80 kg
5 HSPU

5 min 30-somethings seconds. I think it was 5:37

Deadlifts:
I ended up at 140 kg, could probably have gone up another 30 kilo's. My back starts to hurt a little bit these days as I go past 100 kg's. Since the pain was less than previous weeks, I'm going to try to keep away from my previously very heavy (180 kg on working-set) DL's and just do as few as possible - until I feel as if my back no longer hurts.

On Diane, I wish that I would have gone for 90 kg or even 100 kg. I only let go of the weight to change grips. The last 4 were painful but I wouldn't have minded having the last 9 split into 3. Perhaps 105 kg wouldn't have been bad if we wouldn't have started with heavy DL's.

The HSPU's went pretty fine for the first 6. I split them into 3's. The second ones were heavy and since I thought it was 6 - 4 - 2, I quit after 4. Unfortunate for me! I was told that it was 6-5-4 when I had done 2 in the last set. It was heavy but it went ok. I can't wait until I get my HSPU-reps up to 10's. Going to start adding extra HSPU's a couple of times / week just to get them up.

Probably slept too little last night. Going to go dancing this evening and then try to sleep out tomorrow :)

Simon out!

No comments:

Post a Comment