Sunday 27 September 2009

Rest days

So I was taking friday and saturday off for resting and was going to go to the gym today Sunday.

However, since I'm such a bright person - I totally missed out on actually bringing my clothes home from work. Since I work in another town, it would take me 3 hours of traveling (total) just to go training. Either that or buying new shoes and new shorts to train in. Unfortunately this wasn't an option since I have some unplanned expenses this month. Instead, I did some home-training!

3X maxrep pushups:
32-35(pr)-33
(rest as needed between sets).

I'm not sure if I'm satisfied with my pushups, it feels as if I need more endurance in explosiveness. As I pass roughly 20 pushups, I have to start muscling them up and using less "spring" from the bottom-position. Maybe it becomes better later on, I really want to be able to do 50+ pushups in a row.

I also trained a few HSPU's and some squatting technique (slow airsquats).

I'm glad that I atleast did something today:)

Simon


I also did some technique training. I tried doing SOTS with a cleaning-pole, which felt like it was good practice. I think I'm getting a little bit more flexible in my shoulders, hips and wrists.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bud,

    In your Stats/PRs, change Length to Height, it's a more appropriate term. Length is typically used for something horizontally positioned.

    I'm going to start doing workouts based on yours here. I will post my results and perhaps start a blog on it. Good job :)

    <3
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3X maxrep pushups (rest as needed between sets):

    37
    32
    22 (WTF!?)

    Trained Squat form, slow air squats, pretty light workout today. Also have to get the food back on track, eating like crap the past week or so. Tomorrow I'll start the food journal again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dude, awesome! Did you get the invite?

    ReplyDelete