Wednesday 30 September 2009

Rougher than you'd think...

So today I slept out, totally. I woke up sore from all the HSPU's from yesterday, obviously I'm not used to do them.

Anyhow, on my lunch I ran away to the gym to do the following workout:

(warmup)
then:
Max rep Turkish Getups @ 20kg dumbbell in 15 minutes:
37 repetitions.

Rougher than I thought. I could have pushed myself harder, I could have made 40+, I swear. However, I must blame a little bit on the soreness from yesterday. I also made a couple of fails that I had to restart, mostly due to my sometimes inability to keep the weight stabile mostly due to my shoulders not being strong enough. That is usually not the case with this kind of weights so I blame it on the HSPU's from yesterday ;)

Anyhow, I felt that wasn't enough so I continued with:

3 x 10 of floor-wipers with 60 kg barbell.

The floor-wipers are done as in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggiYjRelWgc
(45 seconds in).

That was rough, really rough. The third set caused me to lose sight for a short while when I got up, I guess it was due to blood-pressure fall from very high when I was laying down to very low when I stood up.

That's it for today!
/Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment