Monday 21 September 2009

First, and foremost

So this is my first post.

I should probably introduce myself. I'm a 27 year old guy from Sweden, who loves to work out.

My training is heavily motivated by Crossfit, Gym Jones, Mark Rippetoe & Ron Kilgore. I vary my trainings from the Gym Jones high volume version, all the way through crossfit to regular gym-workouts.

To start out the blog, I will report yesterday's work-out:

The 300:

25 pullups
50 deadlifts @ 60 kg
50 pushups
50 boxjumps @ 24 inch
50 floor vipers @ 60 kg
50 clean & press @ 16 kg
25 pullups

For time

I have done this workout a couple of times before, my best time ever is 19:54. This time I went to a new gym that I have never been to before. Their pullup-bar was totally polished and too close to the wall. That way I couldn't kip my pullups well enough, and my grip was failing all the time. After doing the first set straight, I did the deadlifts who went fairly good even though the knurls of the bar were thicker than anything I've ever seen before. The diameter of the weights were also less than what international standards are, causing the deadlifts to be a little bit rougher than what I'm used to. The last 25 pullups were jumping pull-ups just in order to be able to complete them (due to the damn bar).

I'm not sure if I'm doing my floor-vipers correct either. I did 25 of the ones I've always done (which is pull the legs to the bar and then drop them down). And 25 of the new ones I'm taught, which is pull the legs to the bar, drop them left, up, drop them right, up, and that's one.

Time? 21 minutes. They didn't have any second-meter on their clock at the gym, but it turned to 21 minutes just after I completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment