Friday 1 January 2010

Goals 2010.

I can't really do a good evaluation from my last year.

I had some goals, Squat 160 kg (not done, but I haven't tried 1RM'ing). Deadlift 200 (done), I added a goal to deadlift 220 but my back has been hurting bad the autumn so I haven't done 200 kg deadlift in a good while. I wanted to powerclean my bodyweight, done. I wanted to press 75 kg, done. Unfortunately my goals for this year was involving 100% barbells.

Looking back on the year that has gone, the first 6 months was heavily barbell-lifting based. I didn't do a lot of metcons, I didn't do a lot of O2 work. Considering that the year of 2008 was mainly focused on crossfit / gym jones, this was a big change for me. I've increased a lot of strength during that part of the year, legs, back, core and upper body.

The second part of the year has been almost entirely cross-fit oriented. I've started training at Crossfit Uppsala, which has changed my view on training as in how it should be used and how people should be inspired to train. My training with Crossfit has increased my upper-body strength a little, but it has increased my coordination, my flexibility in some joints, my mental strength, my endurance (BY ALOT), my pannben (my sheer will) and I have reached levels of pressing myself that I previously thought was impossible. I have realized the strength of training in a group and the joy and happiness of working out with other people. I have seen people come to the Crossfit Uppsala with little confidence in themselves and their performance. Within only a few months these people have shown and learned (much like I) how good they really are and they have become confident in their performance.

I can really sum it up with: Hardships, through horrible events or simply by pushing yourself hard in workouts, is better enjoyed with friends. Hardships strengthens the mind and combining it with workouts creates better people. Healthy people.

My goals for 2010 are few, yet many. Simple, yet hard.

I want to push myself to the edge of what my body truly can manage. I want to become a better person and a better athlete, in all senses that includes.

Concrete goals are:
235 kg deadlift.
180 kg squat.
85 kg press.
I want to be able to do one muscle-up before the year is over.
15 unbroken HSPU.
Clean 100+, Powerclean 110+.
Jerk 105+.
I want to do 30+ unbroken pullups.
I want to row 500m in less than 1 minute 25 seconds.
Fight gone bad at 350.
I want to do fran below 5 minutes.
OHS 100kg.
300 workout (unscaled) less than 20 minutes.
300 kettlebell meltdown in less than 16 minutes.
I want to improve my documentation-skills when it comes to my training. (this blog is a good start for me).

Last but not least:
Snatch, 90 kg. (fuck yeah!)

2 comments:

  1. That's some serios goals there bro!

    It's been a pleasure getting to know you, and it will be great to work with you in the future! 2010 WILL be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Likewise Martin! And 2010 will be my best year, ever!

    ReplyDelete