Friday 4 December 2009

20 minutes of torment.

Maybe it's becoming a cliché but I don't care. This time it hurt.

Workout "Kettlebell meltdown 300", 24 kb kettlebell:
25 V-ups
50 Snatch (25 each arm)
25 Push-ups
50 Swings (2h, high-swings)
50 Burpee's
50 Clean & Press (25 each arm)
50 Mountain Climbers

Source:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRpbM9nzDcM

His time: 11:41. My goal was below 20 minutes and with high-swings instead of the ones that he does (he does VERY low swings).

Result: 19:59! I had no looking at the mobile phone but it just ended up that way.

I -could- have pressed myself harder on the burpee's. They took over 6 minutes and I should be able to reduce a minute soley on that part. I spent 20-30 seconds running for water. I wasn't warmed up. These are all poor excuses for reasons why I didn't do "better". I'm not trying to blame away my time, really - I'm just making notes for the future. I could probably improve the push-ups but that's so little time. Maybe gain a little time on the clean&press and on the swings. Split c&p into 5's. Split swings into 20/10/10/10, split the snatches into 10/10/10/10/5/5. The burpee's were at a low pace and just doing them.

God I hate burpee's.

Simon

3 comments:

  1. I wrote that I didn't look at the mobile which obviously is a lie... I checked before and after the burpee's because I wanted to know how close it was to my rounds@50 burpee's for time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the clean&press were the part that felt the best. I have a picture I'll put up here tonight!

    ReplyDelete