Tuesday 22 December 2009

All alone in the gym...

... they didn't show up!

So I did some other stuff (no metcon though):

Technique training for clean (not powerclean)
then
1RM clean.
then:
3x 10 ring-pushups
3x 5 behind-the-head pull-ups.
3x 5 good-mornings.

This turned out to be a real gym-workout.
Results:
Clean:
40 kg, 50 kg, 60 kg, 70 kg(fail), 70 kg, 75 kg, 80 kg, 85 kg (fail). Stopped. I came below the 85 kg but was too deep to get out of the squat.

I felt like I really evolved in my clean. I no longer "powerclean and squat", instead I ->DIVE<- under the bar. This made a HUGE differance. The hook-grip really made a big differance when comming up on the higher loads. I didn't think I would hit 80 kg but it went so easy. I definetly think I can go a lot higher in this, 80 kg wasn't heavy at all - it's mostly about technique at this moment... and guts. The 70 kg fail was 100% because I was too scared to dive under the bar.

I did a lot of other movements too but they were mostly warm-up etc. I wasn't really aiming for a rough workout this day anyway. The 85 kg fail in the clean made me feel my back aching a little bit and now I feel a little bit of pain in it. It's certainly not 100% healed and I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm hoping that stretching my hamstrings will help. I'm slowly stretching them out but I'm still really really stiff in them.

Did the good-mornings with 60 kg's in hope of them getting stretched out and working them out a bit. It sure feels like that now!

2 comments:

  1. "to deep to get out of the squat"...I´ve seen you squat 3x130 kg, so I find that hard to believe ;)

    Do the christmas-wod tomorrow, don´t fail me, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe yeah it was a technique-training workout. I wasn't jumping at the top. I was only deadlifting it with a shrug to practice getting under the bar :) It was a lot rougher than an ordinary clean. It was a very good practice though. VERY good!

    I'll see if I do the workout or not ;) If not then I'll do it on christmas day! I've already worked out the last 3 days now.

    ReplyDelete