Monday 2 November 2009

Faster, harder, unbroken!

Even though my throat hurt a little bit and I still have some sniffles, I decided to go to the workout today.

Martin's time to put us through some new, fun, experiences.

First:
Work up Squat 3RM.

Result:
I came up to 130 kg today. Still unsatisfied with my squats. Maybe I should have gone for 140 instead of 120 -> 130. Next time I'll 3RM 140+. 130 wasn't "easy", but I felt like I could have pushed another 10 kg's without any problem.

Workout:

30 burpee's (unbroken)
10 pullups (unbroken)
30 wallballs, 8 kg (unbroken)
20 pushups (unbroken)
30 situps (unbroken)
30 lunges (unbroken)

Time: 6:36.

I rested a little bit too much between the sets. I could easily have cut 10 seconds between the burpee's/pullups, probably equally much between pullups/wallballs. The rest between wallballs and pushups was definetly needed, none of the rest was. I can push that time down below 6 minutes, next time!

It was a fun workout, I really enjoyed pushing myself a little harder on burpee's/wallballs/pushups than I normally do. I still feel like I have a lot more to push, which is a great feeling.

I ordered a 30 kg vest yesterday for working out. Think I'm going to buy a kettlebell as soon as possible as well. (I'm talking a lot about this but nothing gets done). More stuff for my home training! I need to get prepared until the summer, I must fix all the things I can possibly need before that. I need a couple of kettlebells, some rings, barbell+weights, pullup-possibility and some rings... The vest is a good start!

/Simon

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about not taking care of that KB for you, but equipment vendors pretty much are retarded. I suggest ordering an eleiko or an spartan - those are good.

    What vest did you buy? I've been interested in one a long time - 30kgs seems abit much tho.

    Rings, weights, barbells are COMING

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries on the kettlebell! I know a cheap place in stockholm - I just need to get my ass over there.

    I bought this one (1000 SEK including delivery):
    http://www.kettlebells.nu/butik2/index.php?menyradnr=10200&grupp=900
    They had lowered price on them for 9 vests. It's probably not the best quality around but I'm hoping that it's good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When will you get the vest? I'd like to try it on if that's possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll get it on friday. I'll bring it on monday if you want to?

    ReplyDelete