Wednesday 4 November 2009

Split Jerks... or attempt thereof.

Fell asleep too late yesterday so I skipped the morningtraining. Tagged onto Martin that was going to the gym at lunch. I had been wanting to do this workout for quite a while, and today was the day!

For time:
50x Split Jerk @ 75 kg (from front). Every time you set the barbell down or rack it, you have to do 10 knees-to-bar.

I was hoping for a 10-10-10-10-10, but knew that it would be impossible. I had a guess that I would have to split it to 10-8-8-8-8-8, or similar.

Results:
10-8-5-5-5-5-6-6
+7x10 toes-to-bar.

Time: 20:19.

I recorded the movie, although only one of the toes-to-bar made it in since I didn't have the time to move the camera... thinking about it now I probably had the time to do it - but didn't think of it. Martin fixxed it once.

It was a great workout since I learned a lot. I learned how bad my technique is at the split jerk. I go down through my knee's instead of through my hips on the downward motion of the jerk. I also fail at jerking the bar correctly due to a too slow motion downwards and upwards. The movement must become more explosive in that of a hip movement that explodes upwards while throwing up the legs. What I do now is some bad version of a small thruster with a little bit of explosion in it. I think my technique improved a lot from the first warmup-set to the last movement. I still have a lot to learn about the movement and a lot to train. It's a good realization since I haven't really been doing a lot of jerks/split jerks due to them not "feeling right". They definetly feel better after this one.

I just have to add a bit about the pain that this excersize put me through. I have it recorded and I've viewed the vid partly and been looking a little bit on my excersizes. I'm going to try to get a damn vid-editing program running so I can fix them and put em up on the net.

/Simon

2 comments:

  1. Haha, Mark Twight är ju knäpp! Jag måste faktiskt ge dig 2 sekunder, sluttiden var 20:17 min. Bra jobbat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha :) Jo han är lite galen... Gillar mycket av hans träningar och sånt. Dock inte hans "uberelitism-inställning".

    ReplyDelete