Friday 20 November 2009

Upper body workout

Another day, another workout. As it should be.

Workout:
Work up heavy TGU on both hands.
Rest 3 min.
3 x AMRAP dips (until failure), rest 3 minutes between sets.
3 x 15 pull-ups (unbroken), rest as needed between.

For time:
15 - 12 - 9 of
Burpee's, knee's to elbows.

Results:
32.5 kg right hand TGU, 32.5 failure 2x on left hand. It is very obvious that my technique is different between my hands. 32.5 kg wasn't really that rough on my right while nearly impossible on my left.
Dips: 24, 19, 15.
Pullups: Unbroken, unbroken, 5+2+quit. I had wounds in my hands from previous blisters and going into set three, the wounds couldn't hold it anymore and started bleeding. I tried going for the third set, but after 5 repetitions it was hurting too much to continue so I gave it another attempt but that didn't work. Then I quit.

Metcon:
5 minutes 43 seconds.

The time was so-so. My burpee's were killing me due to the previous tasks. The KTE was really rough too since my grip was dead and my back was also tired. I could probably do this in below 5 minutes without blinking if I had started with it ;) I never rested though, I did it all in one rush and going into the 9'ers my pulse was topping up at max. I didn't have much issues with the pannben, it was mostly physical this time. That feels great.

Simon out!

3 comments:

  1. You did the dips and pullups as a superset, right? Also I meant it to be 3 mins of rest after pullups before next dip-set as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I didn't. I did dips/dips/dips pullups/pullups/pullups :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries! Just so you know for the future. If noted as A1 and A2 it means do A1, then A2. If theres an A3 there, then A3 before going back (if multiple sets) to A1.

    ReplyDelete