Tuesday 3 November 2009

The uncomfortable zone.

I bet Martin already used this title, but I like it and I'll use it anyway. I claim no originality by using it, though.

I missed out on the morningtraining. I just really had to sleep this night. Last night was a bit short on sleep so I caught it up this time by sleeping over 7 hours.

Workout:
Warmup (Thank you Javorek!) x 3. (Hell yeah!)

Then:
Work up to heavy DL fast (5-6 minutes).
Work up to heavy 2x hang-powerclean (5-6 minutes).

Then:
5 rounds of:
12x powersnatch @ 40 kg.
10x burpee's.
45 seconds rest.

Each round time is results.

Results:
Deadlift: 160 kg. Not overly satisfied with this result. I hit 150 without switching grip. Then did one more lift with my left hand supinated. The deadlift felt ok I guess. Didn't feel my back much... maybe a little. I think I should probably do a couple of workouts with some 120-140 kg DL's.

Powerclean: 85 kg. Failed attempt at 90 kg. I'm trying out the correct technique with how I hold the bar during the powerclean. It's difficult but I assume it's good in the long run.

Rounds (not including resting times):
1:26 (unbroken, unbroken)
1:59 (6/6, 8/2)
2:21 (4/4/4, sort of unbroken... I broke down on the floor all the time but never stopped).
2:28 (3/3/3/3, definetly NOT in my comfortable zone. I had people commenting this round at the gym)
1:59 (6/3/3, unbroken-ish).

I definetly broke a record in getting into uncomfortable mode. The last round was pain pain pain pain pain. I'll bring my camera the next time and photograph my eyes that were all blood-bursting from all the sweat that had been annoying my eyes. As I entered the second round I thought that this workout was from hell and that I deserved to burn in it. I kept telling myself that this is where I want to be. This is what I want to do - and it helped. I still have more to give, more to push - but it's getting better than ever before. Every workout I succeed in pushing myself harder and harder. I know I can do that workout with all the rounds below 2:00, maybe by pacing it a little bit and by using more PANNBEN.

Great workout. Definetly one that felt like it will bring me one step further towards being athletic and crossfit :)

/Simon

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you were really pushing yourself hard Simon. Way to go. You'll get the most improvement out of that extra 5-10% between pushing hard, and hell on earth :). Pushing hard is great, but rarely do people get to hell on earth. I saw it on my manmakers, and it's not a fun place to spend time. :)

    ReplyDelete