Friday 16 October 2009

Big five-55

Today's workout is inspired from gym jones.

Piston press on 24 inch ball @ 25 kg each dumbbell (one rep is one with each arm)
Pull-up
Deadlift @ 80 kg.
Burpee
Goblet squat @ 35 kg.

10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 reps.

Time:
31 minutes 43 seconds.

I'm not entirely satisfied with my time. Too much people at the gym, had to run around to find spots to pull-up at. I did my pull-ups with the grip that Björn and Martin taught me to use. I'm finding it easier and easier to do, although still not easy enough. I had to split some of the pull-ups. I think I probably rested too much between the sets, but the burpee's went really good. I'm going to be so fucking sore tomorrow.

That's my friday!

/Simon.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet - good work buddy! Going to do this one or burpee helene tonight :) prefer this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my September 8 5 big 55, it was a slightly different workout. Getting ready to do it tonight:


    Aaron Pope
    to Simon Sep 8

    OK so I have a new respect for you - and I already did, but now it's gross. That workout was umm, really fucking hard.

    Piston press @ 35 lbs (15.9 KG)
    Goblin Squats @ 75 lbs (34 KG)
    Pullups
    Dead Lift @ 175 lbs (79.5 KG)
    Box Jumps (only slightly higher than knees, they didn't have boxes, had to jump on benches)

    Time: 36:15
    Average Heart Rate: 186
    max Heart Rate 197



    Thank you for kicking my ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D Yeah my burpee's were awesome that day. I did them all un-broken and didn't rest much before them. I had to cool down for like 20 seconds or so after each set tho.

    Good job anyway! It's a rough workout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh I see, that's your old one.

    ReplyDelete