Wednesday 14 October 2009

Mr. Tabata kicks Popedog in the teeth!

Good thing this isn't a podcast, cause who can talk with no teeth. I met Mr. Tabata today, and before he took me into the bathroom to rape me, he kicked me in the teeth. Not a nice guy.


Workout: 10 tabata-interval rounds: AMRAP 100%

20 seconds 55 lb Kettlebell Swings (25 KG)
10 seconds rest
20 seconds Burpee's
10 seconds rest

Results:
Top/Low swings: 12/11
Top/Low burpees: 7/4 (most rounds 5-6)


The burpees were worse than I thought, felt a bit brutal. Throughout the exercise my chest was burning and my lungs screaming for air, I about puked on round 9. I think I will do better next time, the kettlebell swings were pretty brutal but I managed to keep a high tempo it felt.


3 rounds x 6 reps: horizontal pullups with straight body to bar

Front Squats:

135lb x 5
155 lb x 5
155 lb x 2 (fail)
135 x 1 (sort of fail)

*My shoulders hurt pretty bad at the front today. My front squat form sucks a bit, but it will get better with practice.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, did you puke or didn't you? :P I assume you meant almost. Good job anyway bro, you hit a higher low than me on the swings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, try the "Burpee Helene" today if you want to. I had a rest day today.

    ReplyDelete