Saturday 17 October 2009

Burpee Helene - Aaron

I lay useless, like Austin Power's flaccid unit after his mojo being stolen - unable to do anything, as he was unable to perform with Heather Graham (man that would suck). I truly am wiped out and smoked like no other. Going into the workout today, I was already sore, not full of energy, and just plain wiped out. I considered taking a rest day, but then realized that hey, I have to do it, I just have to.

Warmup Jarovek Barbell Complex

Workout:

Burpee Helene:

3 rounds for time:

20 Burpees
21 Swings (50 lb kettlebell (22.72 KG)
12 pullups

Time: 14:48
Avg Heart Rate: 191


** This really hurt. I kept pressing myself any time I felt I could do a few reps. My heart rate was constantly 188-193 and it was so hard to keep pushing.


Deadlift Workout:

135 lb x 8 (61.36KG)
225 lb x 6 (102.27KG)
315 lb x 2 (143.18KG)
335 lb x 2 (152.27KG)

at this point my back was hurting and it felt like a good point to quit.


I can honestly say today I have 100% effort and I am pleased with how hard i tried. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow dude... You just keep on stunning me with your persistance and how hard you push yourself. 191 avg heartbeat for nearly 15 minutes. That's just mad.

    Good workout bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, not going to work out today. My body is hurting too much for that. I'm resting today and going for it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest day for me too. I hurt :). It was to keep my heart that high, but I really wanted to finish with a good time...

    ReplyDelete