Monday 5 October 2009

Intervals and Metcon

Hey ho, I was planning on doing a workout yesterday. That is, until I woke up yesterday morning. My body was hurting so bad from saturday's workout that I could barely walk. My shoulders, my legs, my back, everything was aching.

After one day's rest there was time for another hour at Crossfit Uppsala.

Martin started the day with forcing us to:

Maxrep squats
20 seconds work (100%), 10 seconds rest.
8 rounds. Lowest round counts.

I hit 18 as my lowest round. I felt quite good thinking of that I still had some aching in my legs from the total of 240 squats I did saturday. I started out at 20 squats first round, went up to 21 second round, held out at 20 a few and then dropped to 19-19-18 the last 3 rounds.

As if that wasn't enough, he put us through a metcon as well:

7 rounds of
7 jumping pull-ups
7 burpee's.

I hate burpee's. They own me, hard. Even though they do, it went a lot better than I thought it would. I finished the metcon on 6 minutes 7 seconds. Not too bad, an average of 3.75 seconds / repetition. Pushing below 6 minutes will probably be possible next time I do something similar.

/Simon

2 comments:

  1. nice work buddy. i'm on vacation so won't be posting or have internet access :( following your posts when i can. i'll write more on wednesday. miss you!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you already bro! When you get back, instead of doing the 4x400m rowing for time, do 4x 30 kcal on a circular if you don't have a rowing machine.

    That'll teach you from skipping workouts!

    ReplyDelete