Wednesday 28 October 2009

My Neck, my back, my uhhhhh, just like that...

Oh Simon how you work this spry 100 kg body of mine. Today I worked out with Blake and Dan. I was quite impressed by both guys. Blake is Steph's brother. He's really cool and a lot of fun to work out with. This guy is intense, funny, charming, shit, he has it all :) Anyway, enough about that.

Warmup: Jarovek complex

First:
Dumbell press, push press, push jerk.

Dumbell Press
Blake: 65x3 (29.5kg) 70x3 (31.8kg) 75x3 (34.0kg)
Aaron: 50x3 (22.7kg) 50x3 50x3

Dumbell Push Press
Blake: 80x3 (36kg) 80x3 80x3
Aaron: 65x3 (29.5kg) 65x3 65x3

Dumbell Push Jerk
Blake: 80x5 (36kg) 80x5 70x5 (31.8kg)
Aaron: 70x5 (31.8kg) 60x5 (27.3kg) 45x5 (20.5kg)

**my left shoulder started giving out and had to drop weight, I think both days of hard shoulder work in a row got a bit rough**

then:
Virtual Rope Climb, 3 sets of 6 rep pulls

Then, metcon:
3 rounds of
10xpushup+kickup (one pushup, one kickup, repeat 10 times)
10xOH 1h weight, lunge. (5 with left hand / right leg, 5 with right hand / left leg).
20xPull-up.


Blake Result: 6:37 - Total animal, 50 lb (22.7kg) on the lunges

Aaron Result: 9:03 40lb (18.2kg) on lunges **I skipped the last set of lunges because my hip popped pretty hard. Also my last 20 pullups were shit, mainly jump up and slow let downs. From yesterday and today, just so many pullups and was not able to do them well**

4 comments:

  1. Hey man!

    Wow, Blake seems like quite the animal!

    Hmm, what happened to your hip?

    Yeah, the 2 days in a row of tough shoulder work in a row was really really rough. My ass and shoulders are totally painful today. I couldn't possibly get up at 5 this morning so I slept until 6:30 instead. Going to the gym on the lunch, not sure what I'm going to do. The only thing I know is: Heavy squats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hip felt like it popped pretty hard. It's sore in the front, about 5 cm below the hip socket. Feels like it's the muscle, but not sure. When I walk it's tender, but just in the front.

    I'm taking 2 days off now, need a couple rest days. i'll let you know what happens with the hip, etc. Loved the workout though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I'm definetly no expert in this kind of things... was there a popping sound? Sounds like it was your hip-bending muscle. It goes from just below the hip socket in the front up to your belly-muscles. Try massaging it every second hour or so, that could probably help.

    Hope you recuperate bro :( Yeah rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's below the hip, it felt like a pop, but couldn't hear it. Yeah i'll keep putting some gentle pressure on it. I'm sure I'll recuperate fine :). Man that was a fun workout. It was great to workout with Blake and Dan :) They're both in really good shape....

    ReplyDelete