Monday 12 October 2009

Burpee Helene

So my trainer Björn pulled me through these things today:

Training on progress -> muscle ups. I ripped my skin on my wrists during that.
Training on hand strength, both from hanging on the bar (pullups) and by climbing ropes. The latter hurt like hell. Today, I noticed that their bar is much thicker than the ones I'm used to - which causes me to do a lot worse on pullups than I should be.

Workout: "Burpee Helene"
20 burpee's
21 swings (24 kg kettlebell)
12 pull-ups.
3 rounds.
Time: 12:30.

I'm not at all satisfied with my time. My pull-ups were really bad today partly because I had been working out the hands so my grip was already crap from the beginning, and partly I blame it on the thick bar. I had to split them as 6/6, 4/4/4, 3/2/1/1/1/1/1/1/1. This dragged out the time like hell. Oh well, it was a fun training anyway. Hopefully my pullups will be a lot better at the xfit gym after this attempt to murder my hands.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a solid workout. I will do this one tonight. Looks solid, and it's been a while since I've done burpees.

    ReplyDelete