Saturday 10 October 2009

Make me a Man, Man Maker

So I totally got raped on this :(. I did the full weight, knowing that I'd probably end up slow as crap. As fun as it is to try and keep up with Simon, I'm just not there yet. I'll give results first, then analysis, etc:

45 LB (20.45KG) Manmakers x 30 reps

18:50
Avg Heart Rate: 188 BPM

**I am not happy with this time. I am not impressed with it. A few times during the exercise, I felt I could push harder, but I'm not sure how 195 sustained heart rate would work...

I tried very hard during the exercise to have controlled 1 arm rows without rotating my body too much. It was a bit hard, but not too bad to get the hang of.


Floor Wipers / Pullups
9/5
5/5
5/5


On the floor wipers, I notice that going to the right side, I am not as flexible or something in the lower back/hips. I'll have to figure out what that is and correct it...


Pretty tough workout. My energy level was there to do the work, but it seemed the hardcore blood/oxygen need is what slowed me down (cardio). Looks like that's the chink in my armor at this point.

The nice thing is, i can feel every day that I am getting stronger, and am convinced that these are some of the best workouts I've ever done :)

1 comment:

  1. Man... words can not describe how hard you push yourself. 188 bpm during 18:50 is fucking impressive. No matter what time you got, managing to push yourself that hard is simply impressive. Where you have strength to gain from me, I have "pannben" to gain from you. "Pannben" is sort of a slang for the will to continue no matter how rough it gets.

    The floor wipers are good for creating better hip/back flexibility. As good as always to hear you feeling that well dude. I think you did an awesome job!

    /S

    ReplyDelete