Thursday 15 October 2009

Swing, push, pull, squat!

So today it was Martin's turn to put us through some rough pain. First we warmed up by doing some ring-workout. Worked on progress on stable position and L-position. It's a lot rougher than you first would think.

Workout:
1 minute max reps of KB swing (24 kg, high-swings)
90 seconds rest
1 minute max reps of pushups
90 seconds rest
1 minute max reps of pull-ups
90 seconds rest
1 minute max reps of squats
90 seconds rest
2 rounds.
The idea was to do as many as possible without stopping to rest. Remember that number and then try to do as many more as you could during the rest.

Results (I'm not 100% sure on all of these).
29 swings, 40 pushups (PR!) +1, 12 pull-ups +7, 45 squats - not sure how many extra.
Round 2: 30 swings, 20 pushups + 5, 7 pullups +5, 55 squats!

Rough painful experience. I really like to note how much I dislike their pull-up bar. I'm getting better at using it though, 12 in a row is the best I've done at their place. Hopefully I'll be able to do up towards 30 there soon!

Simon out!

1 comment: