Sunday 18 October 2009

It's hard to think...

Hey!

Martin (one of my trainers at xfit uppsala) told me to do this workout:

First
21+15+9 reps of pullups+burpee's

Then:
3-3-3-1-1-1 powerclean

Then:
Start at 40% OHS 1 RM, increase 5 kg / minute. 5 reps / minute.

I also added:
3-3-3-1-1-1 of standing rows (instead of "death by pull-up").

Results:
Well, I wrote it all down on a paper... that I thought I left at home, but I left it in my jacket and I accidentially picked up a shopping-list for yesterday that I thought I had forgot at home. What a mess.

Anyways, I did
21 - 15 - 11 of Pullup+burpee. Uhm yeah, that's right. Time? Lousy 7 min 4 seconds. I recorded a vid and noticed that I rested WAY too long. I probably could have done it in 6 - 6:30 if I just would have cut down on the resting. I'm not sure why I did it. I wasn't fully warmed up when I began, maybe that explains it.

Powercleans:
x3 - 60
x3 - 70
x3 - 80
x1 - 90
x1 - 95 (PR)
x1 - 97.5 (PR)

I probably should have tried for 100. I didn't. I'm stupid.

OHS:
35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70 (fail after 3).
That was rough. The 70's were heavy as hell and I couldn't get up on the fourth.

Standing row:
60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110 kg. PR? I think so :P It's the highest recorded one I know of anyway. It felt like I could do more, though.

A nice workout all-in-all. I could have performed better, which is sad.

Oh btw, recording your workout is awesome. I'll post the vid for the burpee-pullup later. (I have to shrink it from 1.3gb). But on the powercleans I noticed a few things about my technique that definetly could be worth improving and probably will extend to my deadlift as well! Awesome.

/S

5 comments:

  1. Jesus Christ! I didn't tell you to do all that the same session! That's two sessions, bodyweight fran and the other stuff (which I think was in the wrong order)?

    Crazy man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - Simon is crazy. and I love it. Good job buddy. I might be coming down with something, not sure. My buddy that hangs out with me a lot is really sick and I have some symptoms. However, I plan to do ALL of what you did as well, after work tomorrow. My OHS suck ass. Good job :)

    PS Hej Martin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aaron. I think you should do it in completely different order if I can not get you to separate into two sessions (perhaps the same day)?

    If one session then do OHSQ then Powerclean then skip the standing rows and finish with "bodyweight fran". At least 5mins between excercises, and keep rests between PC to 3 minutes.

    Better would be two sessions the same day with OHS-PC in the morning and then standing rows and bodyweight fran in the afternoon. I personally do a bit of two sessions a day and likes what it does to my mind & body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh that explains why I was so tired at the standing rows. It was fun, anyway. I think that you're correct regarding the inversed order. I felt too cold in the first round and that probably explains my bad results in the bodyweight fran.

    I loved the OHS though! 65 kg's in 5 of them felt really nice and I think my technique is improving quite fast in it. Oh and a PR is always nice, specially when it's more than 5% better than the old one!

    /S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Martin and Simon. I haven't worked out since Friday afternoon. It's amazing what 2 full rest days does for the body. I may start doing the 2x per day, but right now it's hard to fit in more than 1 per day due to my commute to work and other obligations.

    I guess I will need to put in extra time if I'm ever going to catch Simon :(

    ReplyDelete