Tuesday 20 October 2009

Powercleans and the ladder of hell.

Today we started with the powerclean. A move I've done a lot before and still I learned new things! Martin discussed the 2-pull or 2-stage powerclean and I can honestly say that I've been missing that part out a lot. I've been doing the accelerated pull from the bottom, which is wrong. I'm going to practice this a lot this weekend. I'll even try to throw it in before training on thursday if I can get there early (and if the gym is open). Since I also recorded myself powercleaning this sunday, I have a lot of things to go through and a lot of things to think about regarding my powerclean. I feel like I have a long way to go there and I feel like 100 kg's powerclean is an easy obstacle to pass at my next 1RM attempt.

Today's workout was something I named "Ladder of hell" after my breakfast.

Workout:
25x Pull-up
50x Push-up
75x 24 kg swings
100x squat
125x sit-ups.

Wow. Just WOW. I had my stomache cramping so many times at the sit-ups. The swings were brutal, my back and my shoulders were screaming so hard from yesterday's painful experience of 3x maxrep high-pulls on the 24 kg kb. The squats were a lot harder than normal - probably because of some soreness from yesterday 3RM squats.

My time? 18:09 or something, which isn't terrible. I can do a lot better. I could probably cut it down by 3+ minutes in the swings and the squats. Hopefully I'll get stronger in my stomache so I can muster the 125 situps in a better pace.

Tomorrow is rest-day, which I don't want to do. Oh well, you've got to rest! So I'll rest!

4 comments:

  1. Aaron, he did the 21-15-9 pullup-burpee in 3 minutes 40 seconds and thinks that "he's not that good at pull-ups". That pretty much explains his "level" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm relatively not good at pullups - you realized what I meant. I'm just some average 35yo dude loving to excercise a bit.

    Aaron: I keep a blog from my results, but it's all in swedish unfortunately. It's on www.crossfituppsala.se/martin

    I also do some video:ing sometimes and then I put it here: http://vimeo.com/crossfituppsala

    Some of them are not of me, but most are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you meant :) I'm just teasing. But for someone that's pretty far from those numbers (like myself), it's quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete