Tuesday 27 October 2009

How you get eaten up, chewed to pieces and pooped out in 1 hour.

I think Björn hates me, or whomever of him or Martin that wrote the last 2 days of workouts. Today was a new experience, for sure.

First:
Kettlebell (or dumbbell) press, push press, push jerk.

Do 3x3 press, 3x5 push press and 5x5 push jerk. (on each arm)

then:
Rope climb 4.2 meters (use your feet). 3 times.

Then, metcon:

3 rounds of
10xpushup+kickup (one pushup, one kickup, repeat 10 times)
10xOH 1h weight, lunge. (5 with left hand / right leg, 5 with right hand / left leg).
20xPull-up.

Results:
Started the press with 24 kg's. Then did the push-press with 24 kg's. Raised Push-jerks to 32 kg's. Felt like I could do the push-presses with 32 kg, so I did a 5 with each arm, 32 kg's push-press. My shoulders were burning at this point. All the presses were done with a few starters to warm up technique. I don't think I've ever push-pressed 32 kg kettlebells before. I feel like being close on doing presses with them.

The metcon: 9:26 or 9:36 or something. The oh-lunges was done with 24 kg kettlebells and it put strains on my shoulders that were quite the new experience. In the second round I couldn't press and barely push-press the 24 kg to position. I even failed the first attempt on my lunge just because my shoulder couldn't keep up with it. The pullups went a lot better than expected. Now I've done 130 pullups the last 2 days. I would be pretty furious if they didn't improve.

Maybe I should take a rest day tomorrow, or maybe I should just go on like I should. Like the machine I want to be.

/Simon out

3 comments:

  1. Haha, ordinary day at CrossFit Uppsala :-)

    Wonderful! Tomorrow is easier on the shoulders if you choose to participate. Like the machine you want to be ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still sitting slumped in my chair with shoulders as relaxed as I have never had them before. They're made out of gelly, and I'm still quite used to pressing quite a lot! Yeah I'll try to get an early night tonight so that I can mow the training tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to lie, I've been looking at this workout all day with a mixed feeling of dread and elation. I'm really excited to do this one tonight. I've got Blake doing it with me too. Get to see what he's got!

    ReplyDelete